USA
10147 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  4:53:10 PM   

BTT
1. Why was the latest Anakin Skywalker action figure given an enemy
style hologram? Shouldn't it have been called "Darth Vader" or given
a friendly holo?

HASBRO
Good catch. The copy on this figure does suggest he's good at that point. The artwork suggests Jedi Temple, maybe on his way to do the Emperor's bidding, before he becomes Vader. I know, this answer is as complicated as, well, Anakin himself.

BTT
Could we see new SOTE figs as part of the EU line next year?

HASBRO
It's too early to announce the specifics of the EU line.

BTT
Will we see a General Grievous that is in proper scale with the rest of the 3.75" line?

HASBRO
Interesting question. We work far ahead of the final versions in some cases, and Grievous was one of those. We based our figures (all five) on the input we had at the time which stated that Grievous was 6'4" and had certain deco. The final film version was much taller and had different deco. If, and when, we go back to do a new Grievous we'll take the official film height into account.

Check back weekly for more answers.

You can post a question to Hasbro here:

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10254

Check out the weekly answers from POTF2.COM here:

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10342

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Prototype Member

0 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  5:00:46 PM

Oooooo nice!

Go to Top of Page

Darth Jaxx
Dark Lord Of Dipsomania™

USA
20113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  5:09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

BTT
Will we see a General Grievous that is in proper scale with the rest of the 3.75" line?

HASBRO
Interesting question. We work far ahead of the final versions in some cases, and Grievous was one of those. We based our figures (all five) on the input we had at the time which stated that Grievous was 6'4" and had certain deco. The final film version was much taller and had different deco. If, and when, we go back to do a new Grievous we'll take the official film height into account.

Wow... that is the most loquacious and informative response from Hasbro that I can recall reading.
And... is good news for us collectors wanting a to-scale Grievous.
And if they did a GOOD 12" Grievous in scale with the other 12" figs as opposed to the fumble-fingers, weak-kneed version that was issued... ok... I'm dreaming now.
Go to Top of Page

subpopz
Ω (Retired POTF2 Administrator)

10098 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  2:41:04 PM

The Grievous news is nice, I can't wait to see a to-scale Grievous.
That was a pretty good answer on Hasbro's part, like Jaxx said, it was probably the most informative answer they've given thus far.

I had already, as I think most of us did, knew how they ended up with the sculpts they did, with early (inaccurate & incomplete) data from Lucasfilm.

Now that I know that one will be done the next time the make a new sculpt of Grievous, its just a matter of waiting, impatiently.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Hasbro Answers Your Questions - June 30th Next Topic  

Printer Friendly
Jump To:

This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.

Forums powered by Snitz Forums 2000